The German Elderly Residence is located in a quiet location by the sea in Munkkiniemi, Helsinki. Tram line 4 and grocery stores are within walking distance.
The German Congregation has had a retirement home since 1928, with the aim of providing a safe German–speaking living environment for the immigrants from St Petersburg at the time. In 1961, an additional wing was added to the building. The buildings were completely renovated between 2010 and 2011 and converted into a senior citizens' home. The building currently has 13 places. It is located in a beautiful setting by the sea in Munkkiniemi (Munksnäs), Helsinki. The life of the house is enriched by several church groups: an elderly meeting, a Bible reading group and an ecumenical group. During the summer, a bi–weekly summer café, open to all members of the congregation, is held in the garden or indoors, weather permitting.
Gulmira Akbulatova–Loijas is the director of the German Elderly Residence (DSWH).